You know you are a liberal if….
We are hoping to reach 100+ signs you are a liberal. We have provided the first few, but are hoping for your input to complete the list! WE now have part 2 made up of your comments. Thanks!!!
YOU ARE A LIBERAL IF ….
1. As scientific theories, you place equal importance on evolution and gravity.
2. Even the thought of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or Bill O’Reilly makes you sick.
3. Sarah Palin’s voice hits you like fingernails on a chalkboard.
4. You are able to form your own opinion without the influence of television.
5. You are colorblind when it comes to race or national origin.
6. You are serious about recycling.
7. You believe a woman has the right to make her own medical decisions without government intrusion.
8. You believe education and health care should be subsidized for the common good.
9. You believe government is “of the people, for the people and by the people” and not just for corporations.
10. You believe in “Liberty and Justice FOR ALL”.
11. You believe in the separation of church and state.
12. You believe in, and have even read a book or two about science.
13. You believe people are more important than corporations.
14. You believe public education and paying teachers competitive wages are good things.
15. You believe that affordable healthcare is a basic right – not a privilege (for the privileged).
16. You believe that the Bible and the Constitution are not interchangeable.
17. You believe that the privileges of the few should not impose on the rights of the many.
18. You can find Iraq on a map while understanding that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.
19. You can tell the difference between profit and God.
20. You care about the environment.
21. You consider all the facts on issues instead of calling your grandparents and asking them what to think.
22. You do not believe corporations are people too, friend.
23. You do not believe in the concept of “acceptable casualties”.
24. You don’t believe that being a woman is a “pre-existing condition”.
25. You ever inhaled, exhaled and inhaled again.
26. You get a kick out of NRA Spokesman Charlton Heston in the Ten Commandments.
27. You give to charity because you care, not because it is a tax write-off.
28. You have gay friends and you respect them.
29. You have gay friends you acknowledge in public.
30. You have left a restaurant because Fox News was on the television.
31. You know how to read a map and understand there is a world outside our borders.
32. You know the difference between adhering to the Ten Commandments and merely preaching them when convenient.
33. You know the difference between fascism and communism.
34. You know what being socialist actually means.
35. You learn from your mistakes.
36. You like books, not viewing them as merely being kindling.
37. You realize our Founding Fathers were deist, not Christian.
38. You prefer to breathe non-cancer-causing air and drink non-toxic water.
39. You rarely make spelling errors.
40. You rarely use the words “Tea Party” and “Logic” in the same sentence unless explaining they lack the latter.
41. You read food labels.
42. You registered Republican so you could vote for their weakest candidate in their primaries.
43. You remember that Reagan increased taxes on the rich.
44. You remember that Reagan strongly believed in the separation of church and state.
45. You support the arts.
46. You support the middle class.
47. You take the time to read this.
48. You think that sexual relations between two consenting adults is their personal and private business.
49. You try to live up to the ideals Jesus taught such as brotherly love, taking care of the sick, the elderly, the poor.
50. You understand Citizens United is about 5 conservative justices who are united against citizens and who favor the corporate control of elections.
51. You understand that “trickle-down economics” is like a “pissing contest” in that nobody ever wins – everyone just ends up getting wet.
52. You understand that “Unconstitutional” is not synonymous with “things I don’t like”.
53. You understand that God and science are not mutually exclusive terms.
54. You understand that Hitler was a right-wing fascist from Austria and not a left-wing socialist from Kenya.
55. You understand that ignorance is only blissful for those partaking of it and not for those observing it.
56. You understand that liberal is not a synonym for communist, socialist, terrorist, unpatriotic…it just mean that as great as this country is with all the resources at hand, we can do a lot better providing liberty, opportunity and stability for more people.
57. You understand that not all stupidity can be cured.
58. You understand that Republican Jesus and the Jesus of the Bible are polar opposites.
59. You understand that the First Amendment is about both freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion.
60. You understand that wages should be based on education and experience and not on gender.
61. You understand the Bush tax cuts did not create jobs.
62. You understand the difference between a national healthcare plan and the Holocaust.
63. You understand the difference between Kenya and Hawaii.
64. You understand the difference between Occupy Wall Street and “Standing your ground”.
65. You understand the entire Constitution is the “law of the land” and not just the Second Amendment.
66. You understand the top 1% are not job creators.
67. You value a good standard of living for the public over corporate profits.
68. You wouldn’t touch Sarah Palin with a ten foot pole.
69. You’re in favor of tax increases to support the common good even if you have to pay more yourself.
70. You’ve been called a hippie, a bleeding heart or a tree hugger.
71. You’ve given to a homeless person.
72. Your parents owned a Volkswagen or a Volvo at one time.
73. Your position on an issue can be altered by facts and reasons.
74. You’ve never owned a sweater vest.
75. You understand the fact that there are radical, violent fundamentalists in Christianity, just as there are in Islam, but that those people do not represent the majority of believers IN EITHER CASE.