13 Secrets Of The Republican Playbook
Legendary Chicago labor union organizer Saul Alinsky’s teachings were twisted into a ‘secret’ Republican playbook. I’ve flipped their twisted ideas into “fire with fire” tactics. This is how they think, and if you want to go for the throat, here’s how. Pick whichever suits you. Without further ado, 13 SECRETS of the REPUBLICAN PLAYBOOK turned back on them!
1) BOYCOTTS — Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have. Threats that people will refuse to go see movies, stop buying products, or cancel subscriptions, will scare some people straight. That threat should be used and carried out much more often!
2) NO HOLDS BARRED — Tit for tat. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. We’re usually too well behaved to copy their tactics, and one up them. Mimic those tactics and they’ll start declaring it to be off limits for everyone, including their own activists.
3) REPEAT the THEMES – Be consistent in your message, and repeat often, to generate highest pressure. Tie your attacks into themes — Conservatives hate blacks, Hispanics, gays, Jews, Muslims, women, the poor, the middle class, the animals and the environment. The 50th or 100th time someone hears it, it finally sticks.
4) MOCKERY IS BEST — “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. Emotions and mockery are often just as effective as reason ” say the Republicans. A more effective debate tactic is simply adding some emotion-based arguments and sheer scorn to the discourse.
5) CALL OUT THEIR HYPOCRISY — Defeat the opposition with their own stupid rules! Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. I.e., when Paul Ryan wants to investigate miscarriages, howl and scream how their “small government” is making its way into every womb in America.
6) ATTACK, not defend — A response to a charge is a losing bet If you’re spending all of your time refuting the charges that you’re extreme, racist, hate women, and despise the poor — you’re losing. Make sure most of your time is spent attacking relentlessly attacking.
7) USE TWITTER, and take over its hash tags – (Make sure you use their hash tags to say they’re nothing but selfish, racist, prejudiced, rob poor children and steal medicine from the elderly grandmas and use the PUBLIC systems and resources to benefit themselves while screwing average working class folks….in 140 characters of less, of course.)
8) DON’T FORGIVE – Keep the pressure on. Keep harping on their hypocrisy, their racist, selfish, evil ways. Keep thrashing away, conservatives, and don’t let it go, demand an apology when they insult you.
9) CHOOSE YOUR MESSENGER WISELY — Use a messenger from the audience (i.e., Michelle Malkin, a conservative Asian to reach conservative Asian Americans). Liberal version: use Elizabeth Warren to talk to smart, caring women and moms everywhere.
10) THE EVIL ‘CHIOICE’ — Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Polarization is at the core of the strategy. Conservatives hate blacks, Hispanics, gays, Jews, Muslims, women, the poor, the middle class, the environment, Republican Americans are evil, racist, unfair, and want to turn American into an environmentally nasty place to live. They are by ignorant trash and “bitter clingers.” They are after YOU!
11) COMMON GROUND of the MASSES — Find the common denominator with the mass majority (of voters/consumers), and this thing is also polar opposite from conservatives. Health Care is a GREAT one! Who is throwing away my grandma’s Medicare?? Not Democrats! We want Medicare for All! GOP wants Congressmen to have healthcare, while the rest of hardworking Americans are screwed.
12) Combine FUN with WORK. Republicans like fundraisers at the gun range….we’ll stick with musicians at a massive voter registration drive! How about building giant puppet heads of our favorite GOP dunces, with a little controversy thrown in to get attention and get people excited.
13) SWITCH IT UP — Know when to change tactics, a tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Media, members, need new fodder. Keep it CAMERA friendly and new.
14) RESOLVE — Follow a successful attack is a constructive alternative. Offer a polished, well-defined idea that truly shifts the power and shows greater compassion. Our ideas work; so coming up with a constructive alternative is seldom a problem.
by AATTP member Delilah