The 2014 mid-term elections are around the corner and efforts are underway to encourage liberals and progressives to get out and vote, because as we all know: when liberals vote, liberals win. It’s as simple as that.
However, voter turnout for mid-term elections is historically weak and with Obamacare, indeed the Obama presidency, at risk – we need to get out the vote this year – and in record numbers.
Not sure if you are going to vote this year? Here are 10 reminders taken from the Republican and Tea Party’s “Least-Greatest Hits” from the 2012 campaign cycle:
1) “Our nation needs to stop doing for people what they can and should do for themselves. Self reliance means, if anyone will not work, neither should he eat.” – Michele Bachmann November 2011
2) “He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.” Sarah Palin June 2011
3) “I believe there is about 78 to 81 members of the Democratic Party that are members of the Communist Party.” – Allen West April 2012
4) “When they ask me who’s the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I’m going to say, ‘You know, I don’t know. Do you know?’” – Herman Cain October 2011
5) “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” – Richard Mourdock (Republican candidate for Senate from Indiana) October 2012
6) “Rape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” – Sen. Chuck Winder March 2012
7) “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. … My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” – Mitt Romney May 2012
8) “I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter.” – Michele Bachmann on the HPV vaccine September 2011
9) “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” – Rick Santorum January 2012
10) First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. – Todd Akin August 2012