Donald Trump the overall winner of PolitiFact Readers’ Choice 2015 Lie of the Year
Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump took home the Gold, Silver and Bronze prized for telling the biggest Lie of the Year according to this year’s PolitiFact Readers’ Poll.
As PolitiFact reports, “One politician thoroughly trumped his competition for the most significant falsehood in our 2015 Readers’ Poll, taking home first, second and third place.”
Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen – the clear winner taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place – billionaire bigot Donald Trump.
- The overall winner with 47 percent of the votes was this recent ditty by The Don: “”I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering” as the World Trade Center collapsed.” Pants On Fire
- Second place went to the Trumpster for saying crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims. Pants On Fire with 13.2 percent of the votes
- And bringing home the bronze for 3rd place was “The Mexican government … they send the bad ones over.” Pants On Fire with 10 percent of the votes
- The Don of Divisiveness also captured 9th place for claiming the unemployment rate may be as high as “42 percent.” Pants On Fire. with 2.4 percent of the votes
Republican rival Ben Carson did his best in 2015, taking 6th, 7th and 10th places in the Readers’ Choice poll.
- “German citizens were disarmed by their government in the late 1930s,” which allowed the Nazis to “carry out their evil intentions with relatively little resistance.” —Ben Carson. False with 9 percent of the votes.
- Pediatricians have cut down on the number and proximity of vaccines because they recognize there have been “too many in too short a period of time.” —Ben Carson. Pants On Fire with 3.8 percent
- “In the class of 1968 at Patrice Lumumba University in Moscow, Mahmoud Abbas was one of the members of that class, and so was Ali Khamenei. And that’s where they first established relationships with the young Vladimir Putin.” —Ben Carson. Pants On Fire with 2 percent of the votes
Other finalists included:
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) for lying about Planned Parenthood during a Congressional hearing. Pants On Fire
- Hillary Clinton for claiming the gun industry is “the only business in America that is wholly protected from any kind of liability.” False
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) for claiming that Planned Parenthood is “the only health care that a significant number of women get. About 30 percent of women, that’s their health care.” Pants On Fire
- And a viral image claiming that “‘Denali’ is the Kenyan word for ‘black power.'” Pants On Fire
Featured Image: “Donald Trump Laconia Rally, Laconia, NH 4 by Michael Vadon July 16 2015 21” by Michael Vadon – Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 via Commons.