Anonymous gives us 10 good reasons to vote for Bernie.
While Donald Trump is getting endorsements from white supremacist groups, the KKK, and Tyrants like Vladimir Putin, Bernie Sanders is receiving the support of regular working folks and organizations that have a vested interest in what the world should and, with any luck, will look like.
Most recently the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America announced their support for Sanders and the week before, within minutes of each other, the progressive activist group Democracy for America and the Communications Workers of America union both backed the senator in the race for the Democratic nomination.
Unions used to hold a lot of clout. The term “Union Thugs” is often bandied about by the GOP, and not without reason. Back in the day there were Union thugs, but these days Republicans refer to a 70-year-old teacher or nurse as a “union thug” because of what that term invokes in voters. Unions, however, don’t have the power they once did and, while the GOP may like to insult hard working people who want little more than a living wage, they’re not afraid of unions in quite the same way they once were. Besides, unions can’t afford politicians anymore.
The more interesting and recent endorsement Sanders received is one that should frighten the GOP. On their website Wednesday morning, hacker group Anonymous posted what could be interpreted as an endorsement for Sanders. I say “interpreted” because due to the fluid and obscure nature of the group it’s hard to pin down exactly what they say or do.
Anonymous recently hacked Trump’s website with a DDoS attack, announcing, “Trump Towers NY site taken down as statement against racism and hatred.”
In today’s world I’d be more afraid of hackers than a bunch of cowards wearing white hoods who think they’re superior simply because they’re white.
I am reposting their post, titled “Ten Reasons That Will Convince You That Bernie Sanders Deserves Your Vote, from their site here. It’s important and relevant to note that in 2012, “Time” called Anonymous one of the “100 most influential people” in the world.
December 23rd, 2015 | by CoNN
It’s time to celebrate a candidate who deserves the spotlight, more so than other candidates from either side of the left-right false divide.
Here are 10 reasons why Bernie Sanders deserves more coverage from the mainstream media and, ultimately, your vote:
1) He supports a new Glass Steagall act- hell he even detailed 5 reasons explaining why it’s important; passed over 80 years ago, it had prevented commercial banks from participating in investment banking. It was repealed in 1999, and banks used this new-found ability to plunder the savings of their depositors by making extremely risky “investments” for their own profit. This is the primary reason for the 2008 financial crisis, and the reason why the big banks had to be bailed out by taxpayers. Hillary Clinton doesn’t want to reinstate Glass-Steagall while Trump wants regulations on Wall Street to be weakened.
2) He wants to break up the big banks; no more of this “too big to fail” nonsense- he also voted against the bailout of Wall Street. Hillary, on the other hand, receives money and support from Wall Street. She has also voted multiple times for the bailout despite “evolving” on the issue. Trump wants to maintain the size of the big banks. He also wanted to bail out the banks.
3) Sanders opposed NAFTA and the TPP: two “trade” agreements, the first causing the loss of up to a million jobs in America and the second a formerly-top-secret agreement which would hand sweeping powers to corporations. Hillary was for the TPP and supported it a dozen times- only recently has she “evolved” on the matter. Trump hates the TPP too… but only because he thinks China would somehow benefit from it.
4) For his entire political career Sanders has stood against the for-profit prison industrial complex and the practice of over-criminalization. This issue has had Clinton “evolving” towards prison reform since… a few months back… but before entering her higher form, she lobbied in 1994 for a crime law that had increased prison funding and sentences. Trump wants to “get a lot tougher” on crime, despite police killings being the highest in two decades and despite the fact that violent crime is also down.
5) Sanders voted against the Iraq War, and is against a war with Russia. Clinton voted for the Iraq War- she also has a neoconservative war-mongering foreign policy. Most Republican candidates, besides Rand Paul, do not seem averse to war. Trump’s claim that he opposed Iraq’s invasion at the time it was debated is baseless, though he too is against conflict with Russia; China’s his whipping boy.
7) Sanders doesn’t degrade racial and religious minorities, nor does he inflame the majority- he comes right out and tells us that the elite are to blame. He said this at a rally: “they’re always playing one group against another. Rich got richer — everybody else was fighting each other. Our job is to build a nation in which we all stand together”. Hillary has an “abysmal” racial justice record and Trump… well, he’s said enough about that topic to fill a phone book.
8) Sanders wants to decriminalize the use of marijuana. Clinton is against decriminalizing it, and Trump seems to favor legalizing it for medical uses.
9) Bernie refuses to take money from the super rich… or the corporations. Hillary receives money from everyone who has it- bankers, corporations… she doesn’t discriminate. Trump is already one of the super rich and admitted that he has manipulated the system for his own benefit.
10) The corporate mainstream media hates Bernie and censors him, attempting to make it look like he endorses Hillary. Trump gets WAY more mainstream coverage than Bernie despite both polling similarly. If you want to choose someone who wasn’t handpicked for you, then Bernie is your best best.
Bonus!) Whenever someone tries to come up with a top ten list NOT to vote for Bernie… it comes out convincing MORE people to vote for him- just read those top comments. On the other hand, one of the most popular search results for the top ten reasons TO vote for Trump is satirical.