The California Democrat tore into Trump on Twitter minutes before Comey confirmed that the FBI was investigating Russia-Trump ties.
Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee tore into Trump on twitter minutes before the committee started grilling FBI Director James Comey over possible ties between Russia and the Trump campaign and over Trump’s recent wiretapping claims.
CNN reports that meeting has already exploded with Director Comey admitting publicly for the first time that the FBI is investigating alleged links between Russia and the Trump campaign.
“That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts,” Comey said in his opening statement to a dramatic hearing before the House Intelligence Committee.
Listening to the hearings in real time, Liberals Unite can report that Comey has also confirmed that there were no wiretaps on Trump Tower and rejected Trump’s claims that he was wiretapped by his predecessor, Barack Obama.
The tweets themselves were a response to a series of early morning tweets by Trump claiming that any reports of his campaign colluding with Russia are “FAKE NEWS,” and lashing out at the Clinton campaign and the leaking of classified information – favorite diversionary tactics used by Trump.
Consolidated in the order in which he posted them, Trump’s tweets read as follows:
- James Clapper and others stated that there is no evidence Potus colluded with Russia. This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!
- The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College & lost!
- The real story that Congress, the FBI and all others should be looking into is the leaking of Classified information. Must find leaker now!
- Just heard Fake News CNN is doing polls again despite the fact that their election polls were a WAY OFF disaster. Much higher ratings at Fox
- What about all of the contact with the Clinton campaign and the Russians? Also, is it true that the DNC would not let the FBI in to look?
Rep. Schiff responded, first tweeting: “Mr. President, the Russians hacked our election and interfered. No one disputes this now, but you. This is what is called ‘fact.'”
Next he addressed Trump’s allegations that Pres. Obama tapped Trump Tower, a claim that FBI Director Comey has now publicly disputed.
He also addressed White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s pathetic attempt to save Trump embarrassment by repeating “ridiculous” unfounded allegations by Fox News that British intelligence services had wiretapped Trump on behalf of Pres. Obama.
Schiff concluded his tweets, telling Trump to “please stop” his stream of tweets.
“The intelligence community concluded the Russians will interfere again. This is why full investigation is important to country. Please stop,” he tweeted.