Seth Abramson takes on Donald Trump Jr’s latest Twitter Tantrum – a flimsy attempt at explaining his meeting with an agent of the Kremlin at Trump Tower last year.
The New York Times reported a meeting Trump Jr. attended with a lawyer connected to the Kremlin on June 9, 2016. Trump Sr.’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul Manafort, and Trump’s son-in-law and advisor Jared Kushner also attended the meeting. According to the Times, the Kremlin lawyer promised to provide dirt on Hillary Clinton.
After the story broke, a clearly rattled Donny Jr. was unable to refrain from commenting and dug his proverbial hole even deeper. He attempted to defend himself in a statement about said meeting – however his excuse read more like an admission of guilt. And then he started tweeting.
Attorney and University of New Hampshire professor Seth Abramson – who has been publishing extensive tweets regarding the ongoing investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia – came up with ten questions the media should be asking Don Jr.
Donald Jr. tweeted:
Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent… went nowhere but had to listen. https://t.co/ccUjL1KDEa
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) July 10, 2017
Abramson quoted Don Jr’s tweet and asked a series of questions:
- Maybe the first to take such a meeting and then lie to his dad about it for a year for no reason anyone in America can figure out?
- So Don, why was it SO vital you not tell your father about this meeting? And that Jared not? And that Manafort not? And that Goldstone not?
- Don, if it was no big deal, why lie about it repeatedly? Why hide it from your dad when you were with him in TT the whole day it happened?
- So if it was a run-of-the-mill meeting, why do you now say you refused to tell Jared and Manafort who the meeting was with? Why the secrecy?
- Hey Don, just wondering, if the meeting was no big deal, why did your dad’s lawyers come out and say it was a “Democratic Party conspiracy”?
- Don, George Bush’s ethics attorney says what you did “borders on treason.” Why would he say such a thing of a run-of-the-mill meeting, Don?
- Quick question, Don. Which back door at Trump Tower did you smuggle this Kremlin agent through? Do you do that for all commonplace meetings?
- Don, you continued meeting with this Kremlin agent for 29 minutes after learning she had no information for you. Is your time worth nothing?
- You say Goldstone refused to tell you who you were meeting. Do you often take meetings when the organizer won’t say who you’re meeting with?
- Don, last question: why did you describe a meeting in which a Kremlin agent asked your dad to drop Russian sanctions as being about babies?
My last ten tweets are ten examples of questions American media would be asking Donald Trump Jr. this morning if they were doing their jobs.
— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) July 10, 2017