Conservatives seem to be living in a bubble when it comes to Trump. Here’s a little reality check for them, courtesy of Seth Abramson.
For those unfamiliar with his work, Abramson has been publishing extensive Twitter threads and mega-threads regarding the ongoing investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. And, while he has his critics, Abramson – a former public defender at both the state and federal level – has an impressive resume.
Seth is regularly interviewed about politics and higher education by domestic and International media. Recent interviews include the BBC, CNN, NPR, PBS, ABC Radio, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, The Chronicle of Higher Education, New York Magazine, and The New England Review of Books. Seth’s essays have also been widely cited, including discussions on CNBC, PBS, FNC, BET, and NPR, as well as in Politico, The Atlantic, Rolling Stone, The Washington Post, The Guardian, The Los Angeles Times, The New Yorker, The Chicago Tribune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Playboy, Slate, and Pitchfork.
For those interested in perusing his work, a reader (@chicken_afraido) has created a document linking to every Trump-Russia thread published by Abramson going back to autumn of 2016. [The document begins with his updated bio from 8 December 2017, but then hops to his latest thread and works in reverse chronological order starting with Abramson’s most recent threads.]
Before you read any further, let us remind you that Abramson published a chilling thread on 16 December 2017, captioned by an image that reads: “Instructions for a Constitutional Crisis,” that details how events might play out if/or when Trump attempts to fire Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller. [You can go here for more information.]
On 20 December 2017 Abramson posted an 11-part thread detailing 10 indisputable facts – plus a bonus – about Trump that “every American must accept.”
You can view the thread, below, followed a few highlights.
(THREAD) 10 Cripplingly Obvious Facts About Donald Trump Every American Must Accept pic.twitter.com/qMX3uLDK5A
— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) December 20, 2017
- #4 Trump has held the Republicans hostage from Day 1. His floating of “Trump TV” was a threat of what the GOP would face if it ousted him; his floating of an independent presidential run was a threat. Him tweeting and speaking against top Republicans is a threat. He’s a mob boss.
- #5 Trump believes in nothing. He has no “political agenda”; there are no campaign promises he could “keep” because his campaign “agenda” was an incoherent mash of conflicting principles, statements, and policies. He’ll give money and power to those who help him hold power—period.
- #6 Everyone who was—or is—in charge of the Clinton and Trump investigations in Congress, at DOJ, and in the FBI is a *lifelong Republican*. Sessions, Rosenstein, Mueller, Comey, Wray, Burr, Conaway, Grassley, Gowdy—*everyone*. There is no secret Democratic plot behind the probes.
- #7 Trump is a liar and a criminal. It’s proven that he perjured himself hundreds of times about adultery under civil deposition—which Clinton was impeached for. And top attorneys agree he’s publicly committed a “prima facie” Obstruction of Justice—which Clinton was impeached for.
- #9 Trump is now (and will historically be considered) the worst president in US history—on the basis of his illegal conduct, unpresidential bearing, lack of accomplishments, dangerous warmongering, intentional fracturing of the American spirit, and conspicuous personal stupidity.