Another clash between a childhood friend and reality – sponsored by blind conservative hatred carelessly blended with Facebook.
I never cease to be amazed at the blind hatred that seems to come from some people while using social media. I have childhood friends, people I have known for decades who will write things to me on Facebook that they would never dream of saying to me in person.
Case in point, one of my friends of 40+ years was trying to win an argument with me about his God-given right to own an assault rifle and wrote that he was glad that my daughter had died because that was one less statist liberal in the world. (Statist seems to be his favorite word these days.)
With Trump’s ascension to the Oval Office and all the luggage: racism, misogyny, etc., etc., that comes with him – things seem to have exploded from coast to coast.
I mean come on… people are lashing out at children now for demanding they not be murdered while attending school?!??
Let me give you another – detailed example.
I like to use humor to try to lesson the incivility rampant on my personal profile as I do like to occasionally post something political. One day, I posted the image at the top of this article to the top of my profile. As I probably should have guessed – my dear old “glad your daughter is dead” friend “Name Changed to Protect the Guilty” was in rare form that day:
Read it and weep.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Really? And do you have any comment on all the scandals the leftist government was embroiled in for 8 years with Obama?
- Samuel: With any luck, Democrats will take back Congress in the midterms.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Bullshit! There will be a Civil War if that happens.
- Samuel: Free democratic elections are cause for a Civil War? Interesting. And exactly how long have you considered being a traitor to your country?
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: If you commie fucktards tried to take back America from Trump, and that is not likely to happen, but if you somehow manage it, I and many others will fight.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: I can barely tolerate you leftist/statists as it stands.
- Samuel: Sticks and stones….
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Democrats don’t stand a chance, not now. You are stuck on stupid, Sam, and you deserve whatever insults are thrown your way. You have ignored the truth and support Statism. It’s your religion. You are as bad as a Muslim in my opinion.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Lower than a snakes belly.
- Samuel: Insults are the last refuge of those with an intellectually weak argument. With all due respect, you are becoming an embarrassment with your cries for revolt, unwarranted verbal assaults on anyone with a differing opinion, and your religious intolerance.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: In my opinion you crossed that line a long time ago by advocating for socialism and the nanny state. Unamerican.
- Samuel: Do you really think it is appropriate to lob such insults at me on my own profile? You seem to lack the objectivity to remember that having varying opinions IS AMERICAN. Or did you forget our country was founded on principles such as free expression?
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Politics are a dangerous subject, Sam. During that last Civil War brother fought brother, sons fought fathers, and life long friends killed each other over politics. It not just some intellectual exercise for your amusement. It’s a deadly serious business.
- Our government no longer represents the best interests of the people. You have put all your faith in the State.
- Samuel: The fact we are discussing politics does not mean you are free to engage in an insult fest merely because you disagree with me. The greatness of our country is in large part connected to our diversity, and you should respect that very basic principle of American life.
- Name Changed to Protect the Guilty: Diversity causes division. America was once the melting pot of the world but the leftist trumpets diversity and division, not unity. I do respect the American way of life, you’re the one that hates it and wants to change it into a socialist State.
- The wheels are coming off and this will be the year REAL AMERICAN take their country back from you sniffling Statists. I’ll be pretty happy if Hopefully we will drive a stake through the heart of statism forever.
- But feel free to go ahead and have the last word, Sam, it’s your wall, after all.