Experts predict that Trump is on the threshold of self-destruction, and his latest Twitter tirade certainly supports that premise.
In a stunning revelation, The New York Times reported Monday evening that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office has filed documents with the federal court accusing former Trump campaign manager and longtime associate Paul Manafort of witness tampering.
Former criminal investigator and criminal defense attorney, Seth Abramson, weighed in on the situation Tuesday morning, predicting a disastrous response from Trump to the escalating situation.
His first two tweets explain the dire situation Trump finds himself confronted with this week:
Sounds like a bail revocation—and new indictment—are coming for Manafort. A defendant sitting in jail pre-trial is far more likely to flip on a Big Fish than one lounging in his living room. This could be a big deal, especially if this case—and/or the new one—drags on for months. What this is likely to do is hasten Trump making his first—and perhaps last—Big Unforced Error: pardoning Manafort on the theory that he can’t risk Manafort sitting in jail pre-trial and thereby getting cold feet about “staying strong” for Trump (i.e., keeping his mouth shut). Don’t forget that, per Howard Fineman of NBC, Donald Trump has told friends that Manafort can seriously hurt him if he flips. So the Manafort Pardon Watch will begin the moment Manafort’s bail is revoked, if not well before then—i.e., *right now*. This is a *huge* development.
Trump’s Twitter activity since the news about Manafort broke appears to indicate that there is every reason to believe that Abramson is correct.
Bustle recently reported that: “Even if you’re not big into social media, you probably know that
President Donald Trump spends a lot of time on Twitter.” [strike through added]
Twitter was one of the preferred ways Trump communicated with the public as a candidate, and that hasn’t changed since he entered the White House last year. And presidential tweets, needless to say, are a lot more important than candidate tweets or reality TV host tweets.
Trump has started, stopped, and distracted from entire news cycles on the basis of his tweets, and it’s almost impossible to rank them on the basis of newsworthiness. Simply put, there’s never been an American president who’s pumped out so many of his unfiltered thoughts into the public discourse as Trump has, and the method he uses to do so is his Twitter app.
Thanks to the hyper-searchable Trump Twitter Archive we can determine the normal velocity of his Tweets since assuming office January 20, 2017.
As of the time of publication of this article, Trump has tweeted 3540 times, or roughly 7 times per day.
However, beginning Tuesday morning that pattern has abruptly changed with Trump tweeting an astounding 25 times that day (that figure includes retweets), tweeting from 5:38 a.m. until 8:33 p.m. Central Standard Time [the time used by the Trump Twitter Archive].
So far today, he has posted 6 tweets.
Below is a list of his tweets the last couple of days in reverse chronological order.
June 6, 2018:
- Jun 6, 2018 09:04:29 AM Many more Republican voters showed up yesterday than the Fake News thought possible. The political pundits just don’t get what is going on out there – or they do get it but refuse to report the facts! Remember, Dems are High Tax, High Crime, easy to beat!
- Jun 6, 2018 08:54:17 AM …Four reporters spotted Melania in the White House last week walking merrily along to a meeting. They never reported the sighting because it would hurt the sick narrative that she was living in a different part of the world, was really ill, or whatever. Fake News is really bad!
- Jun 6, 2018 08:48:20 AM The Fake News Media has been so unfair, and vicious, to my wife and our great First Lady, Melania. During her recovery from surgery they reported everything from near death, to facelift, to left the W.H. (and me) for N.Y. or Virginia, to abuse. All Fake, she is doing really well!
- Jun 6, 2018 08:37:22 AM Gold Star father, Ceejay Metcalf, whose great son Michael was just honored at the White House, was fantastic this morning on @foxandfriends. He is a special man!
- Jun 6, 2018 08:16:34 AM Great night for Republicans! Congratulations to John Cox on a really big number in California. He can win. Even Fake News CNN said the Trump impact was really big, much bigger than they ever thought possible. So much for the big Blue Wave, it may be a big Red Wave. Working hard! [Twitter for iPhone]Jun 5, 2018 11:02:00 PM Mitch McConnell announced he will cancel the Senate’s August Recess. Great, maybe the Democrats will finally get something done other than their acceptance of High Crime and High Taxes. We need Border Security!
June 5, 2018:
- Jun 5, 2018 11:02:00 PM Mitch McConnell announced he will cancel the Senate’s August Recess. Great, maybe the Democrats will finally get something done other than their acceptance of High Crime and High Taxes. We need Border Security!
- Jun 5, 2018 08:33:37 PM ….The greatest Witch Hunt in political history!
- Jun 5, 2018 08:27:03 PM …This is a level of criminality beyond the pale. This is such a grave abuse of power and authority, it’s like nothing else we’ve seen in our history. This makes the Nixon Watergate burglary look like keystone cop stuff
- Jun 5, 2018 08:23:44 PM Chris Farrell, Judicial Watch. “They were running an operation to undermine a candidate for President of the U.S. These are all violations of law. This is intelligence tradecraft to steer an election. There’s nothing more grave when it comes to abuse of our intelligence system…
- Jun 5, 2018 08:02:36 PM Great interview by @LouDobbs with Chris Farrell of Judicial Watch concerning the governments counter-intelligence operation into the Trump Campaign. SPYGATE at the highest level. Who would believe? [Twitter for iPhone] link
- Jun 5, 2018 07:43:28 PM RT @parscale: Since the #FakeNews is full of distortions, underreporting, and lies, we launched a platform tonight presenting a comprehensi…
- Jun 5, 2018 07:40:39 PM RT @EricTrump: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 https://t.co/37hQxUvemf
- Jun 5, 2018 07:40:24 PM RT @robbystarbuck: Fox News has been #1 for 197 months straight. In the latest ratings disaster for CNN they lost another 25% of their view…
- Jun 5, 2018 07:37:50 PM Wow, Strzok-Page, the incompetent & corrupt FBI lovers, have texts referring to a counter-intelligence operation into the Trump Campaign dating way back to December, 2015. SPYGATE is in full force! Is the Mainstream Media interested yet? Big stuff!
- Jun 5, 2018 03:37:50 PM https://t.co/4OjDqTMEIx
- Jun 5, 2018 03:07:04 PM Imagine how much wasteful spending we’d save if we didn’t have Chuck and Nancy standing in our way! For years, Democrats in Congress have depleted our military and busted our budgets on needless spending, and to what end? No more.
- Jun 5, 2018 03:06:27 PM The HISTORIC Rescissions Package we’ve proposed would cut $15,000,000,000 in Wasteful Spending! We are getting our government back on track.
- Jun 5, 2018 08:55:59 AM Terrific new book out by the wonderful Harris Faulkner, “9 Rules of Engagement.” Harris shares lessons from a military family. Enjoy!
- Jun 5, 2018 08:49:56 AM Senator @RogerWicker of Mississippi has done everything necessary to Make America Great Again! Get out and vote for Roger, he has my total support!
- Jun 5, 2018 08:44:18 AM Vote for Congressman Devin Nunes, a true American Patriot the likes of which we rarely see in our modern day world….he truly loves our country and deserves everyone’s support!
- Jun 5, 2018 08:09:59 AM Get the vote out in California today for Rep. Kevin McCarthy and all of the great GOP candidates for Congress. Keep our country out of the hands of High Tax, High Crime Nancy Pelosi.
- Jun 5, 2018 08:02:33 AM In High Tax, High Crime California, be sure to get out and vote for Republican John Cox for Governor. He will make a BIG difference!
- Jun 5, 2018 06:58:52 AM Separating families at the Border is the fault of bad legislation passed by the Democrats. Border Security laws should be changed but the Dems can’t get their act together! Started the Wall.
- Jun 5, 2018 06:50:55 AM …[email protected] and Champion @MartinTruex_Jr were recently at the White House. It was a great day for a great sport!
- Jun 5, 2018 06:34:04 AM Meeting in Singapore with North Korea will hopefully be the start of something big…we will soon see!
- Jun 5, 2018 06:31:47 AM The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax continues, all because Jeff Sessions didn’t tell me he was going to recuse himself…I would have quickly picked someone else. So much time and money wasted, so many lives ruined…and Sessions knew better than most that there was No Collusion!
- Jun 5, 2018 06:21:58 AM We have had many Championship teams recently at the White House including the Chicago Cubs, Houston Astros, Pittsburgh Penguins, New England Patriots, Alabama and Clemson National Champions, and many others. National Anthem & more great music today at 3:00 P.M.
- Jun 5, 2018 06:08:34 AM We will proudly be playing the National Anthem and other wonderful music celebrating our Country today at 3 P.M., The White House, with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus. Honoring America! NFL, no escaping to Locker Rooms!
- Jun 5, 2018 05:51:07 AM The U.S. has an increased economic value of more than 7 Trillion Dollars since the Election. May be the best economy in the history of our country. Record Jobs numbers. Nice!
- Jun 5, 2018 05:38:51 AM What is taking so long with the Inspector General’s Report on Crooked Hillary and Slippery James Comey. Numerous delays. Hope Report is not being changed and made weaker! There are so many horrible things to tell, the public has the right to know. Transparency!