Conservatives are always on the wrong side of history. Without exception, every leap in expanding rights in this country, from slavery to women’s suffrage have been violently opposed by the conservative right.
- Liberals wanted to end slavery. Conservatives opposed it.
- Liberals wanted Women’s rights. Conservatives opposed it .
- Liberals wanted to end Segregation. Conservatives opposed it
- Liberals wanted to make interracial marriage legal. Conservatives opposed it.
- Liberals see nothing wrong with two loving and consenting adults of the same gender getting married. Conservatives oppose it.
- Liberals think women should make choices about their reproductive health themselves, and conservatives oppose it.
Once again, liberals are trying to expand access to affordable healthcare for all Americans – and predictably conservatives oppose it.
Thom Hartmann addresses the conservative blow-back we’re facing as a result of the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the Constitutionality of Obamacare. Is Obamacare the Right’s new Roe v. Wade? Watch this incredible and insightful video, and see for yourself.