Former criminal investigator and criminal defense attorney Seth Abramson presents evidence of felony witness tampering by Trump.
The White House appears to be overcome with panic in light of recent events, such as jury deliberation in the tax- and bank-fraud case against Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort, this week’s release of several White House recordings secretly made by former White House Aide Omarosa Manigault Newman, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s continued investigation of Russian tampering in the 2016 election and possible collusion by Team Trump.
Earlier this week, in what many consider an effort to distract, the White House announced that Trump had revoked the security clearance of the former director of the CIA, John Brennan.
Although the White House claimed national security concerns prompted the decision, Trump himself quickly contradicted that position – telling The Wall Street Journal that he had targeted Brennan regarding his role in creating the Russia investigation.
Kyle Griffin, producer of MSNBC‘s “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell,” posted a link to the interview, tweeting:
Trump now explicitly says that he's targeting Brennan and others for their roles in the Russia investigation.
"I call it the rigged witch hunt," Trump told the WSJ. "And these people led it!" He added: "So I think it's something that had to be done."https://t.co/PG7iWA7PQp
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) August 16, 2018
Seth Abramson weighed in over the course of the last few days, pointing out that Trump was committing the federal felony of witness tampering.
Coincidentally, Abramson posted a tweet a day before the White House announcement regarding Brennan’s security clearance – warning of Trump’s ongoing pattern of obstruction of justice and witness tampering.
- Trump is systematically obstructing justice and tampering with witnesses—in public. No one stops him, He is destroying—one by one—each public servant who knows what he did. Every day he carefully he lays the groundwork for putting himself above the law and saying he had to do it. source
Abramson weighed in this Wednesday, once news broke of the revocation of Brennan’s clearance:
- BREAKING: Trump revokes former CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance in a lengthy statement that attacks Brennan’s “erratic” behavior and lack of “credibility” in a TRANSPARENT attempt to damage his professional reputation in advance of him being a witness against Trump. source
- This pretextual action echoes the firing of Jim Comey: termination of a long-serving public servant’s authority and/or access to information solely on the basis of that public servant’s positioning in the Russia probe with respect to Trump and his aides, allies and associates. source
Continuing, Abramson pinned a new tweet to the top of his Twitter feed on Friday reminding people that Trump’s actions regarding Brennan are a crime.
- It borders on scandalous how the media treats what Trump did to Brennan—and now implies he’ll shortly do to others—a *political* move. In fact, these are *witnesses against him in a federal case*—and he’s trying to intimidate and silence them. This is a *crime* source
Abramson also weighed in this week on the upcoming testimony of Justice Department official Bruce Ohr.
The Hill provided the following background in an article linked in Abramson’s thread.
- House Republicans are gearing up for a closed-door interview with Department of Justice (DOJ) official Bruce Ohr, which is slated to take place later this month.
- Ohr, who served as the department’s associate deputy attorney general and now currently works in the criminal division, is the latest target among House conservatives who claim there is ample evidence of bias against President Trump in the DOJ and FBI during the 2016 election.
Weighing on the reports that Trump had threatened Ohr’s security clearance, Abramson again accused Trump of witness tampering with a multi-part Twitter thread. [Each tweet in the thread is listed as a separate bullet-point below]
- As to Bruce Ohr, who is currently employed by the federal government, Trump’s THREAT to revoke his security clearance—which would make him doing his job impossible, and might lead to his termination—is, given the “grounds” Trump has spoken of on Twitter, WITNESS TAMPERING.
- Trump is AWARE that Bruce Ohr is about to testify before House Republicans and he is seeking to INFLUENCE his testimony, as his statements on Twitter make clear, with this THREAT against him. Mueller will undoubtedly investigate this.
- A key national security expert for MSNBC just said on-air, “This is quite clearly designed to send a chilling effect to all of those who would criticize Donald Trump or his administration that this will not be tolerated.” Do people realize that, as to Ohr, that’s a CRIME?
Abramson’s next tweet in the series was directed to an earlier tweet by Trump:
(NOTE4) This tweet is now evidence of a federal felony: https://t.co/Vx7iniR4J4
— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) August 15, 2018
Concluding his thread, Abramson tweeted:
- People do not yet realize—but soon will—that Trump has just made as big a mistake as he made in firing Comey. You *cannot* threaten the job of a witness against you in a federal investigation and SAY ON TWITTER that your reason is that he will offer testimony against you.